Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Update on visiting my parents in Belarus



“Faith doesn’t mean we will always feel the power of God in our lives. But faith does mean that we will somehow find the strength—even in the midst of our greatest weaknesses-to shout, “Where are you God?” That cry to the heavens, even if it seems to be made in moment of little faith, is actually a moment of great belief that God is present and listening”. (taken from a devotion book)

Psalm 68:29 Show forth, O God your power, the power, O God, with which you took our part.

Last week I found out that going to Belarus to visit my family that I have not seen for over 10 years was going to be impossible. My heart ached as my knees trembled at the thought of never seeing my dad or my grandmother again. I am thankful for being able to see my mom. This week our family friends confirmed my fears after discussing my situation with government officials. I can not go to Belarus any time soon, because it will take an act of Congress to bring me back to the US.

How do I feel right now? Confused, but at peace. God knows something that I do not know, because He sees the future and I don’t. He knows the desires of my heart and I truly believe that He will answer my cries on His timing and according to His will.

If it is God’s will my mom and dad together will come to visit us in the US next summer. Please pray that God will open all the doors that are necessary for my dad to open a visa. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment