Monday, May 10, 2010

Mushroom Chicken Piccata


I used to spend $3 to buy Macaroni Grill Chicken Marsala box of dry ingredients. Then I had to buy chicken, which made the whole meal is pretty expensive. I started to look for recipes and came across Chicken Piccata recipe that closely resembles Chicken Marsala recipe. I hope you will enjoy it as much as my family has.

Ingredients:

1/3 cup all purpose flour
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon paprika (I don’t use it)
2 eggs
1 table spoon milk
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons of butter (I use olive oil)
5 ounce fresh mushrooms sliced
2/3 cup chicken broth (I use homemade since it is free)
1/3 white cooking wine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch

Directions:

In a bowl mix together flour, salt and paprika. In a separate bowl mix together milk and eggs. Cut chicken in small pieces and dip them in egg mixture, then in a seasoned four. In a large skillet, heat butter and sauté chicken pieces until golden brown. Add mushrooms and sauté for 3-5 minutes.

In a medium bowl combine the broth, cooking wine, lemon juice and cornstarch. Mix together and pour mixture over chicken and mushrooms. Reduce heat and let chicken mixture simmer for 25minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
(this recipe is taken from allrecipes.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment