Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lead Me to the Cross



As I was cleaning the house no too long ago I came across a letter that was lying on our table. I wanted to know if this something that needed to be filed so I proceed to read the letter. It was addressed to Daniel from his employer and it started like this, “Thank you for your assistance with a donor…”. Apparently not too long ago Daniel assisted with a surgery, where organs were donated. As I continued to read, because my curiosity got a hold of me, the letter explained how each organ that was donated saved lives of 6 people ages 18 to 56. Then the letter ended saying, “On behalf of donor families who graciously share the gift of life and recipients that are waiting for the gift, thank you for your support of our efforts”. I thought how rewarded Daniel must feel knowing that what he does at work impacts lives of others.

That day God reminded me of how rewarded I should feel when He chooses me to accomplish a task. After I finished reading the letter I threw it away and headed back to the room to start my cleaning. As soon as I picked up my cleaning tools the Lord started to speak to me and I went back digging through the trashcan for the letter. Just as Daniel received a letter from his employee, I too can receive a letter from God. When you a child of God, He will speak to you in all kinds of ways and I can only image what God‘s letter to His children would look like, when His children obey Him. (* Please note all the names in the letter have been made up)

My dear child (insert your name in place of a child),

I want to thank you in assisting me in expanding My Kingdom. You may not know but your obedience to My calls have had high impact on the lives of others. Below are just a few people that were touched by your kindness.

· Cathy was looking for a home church, when you met her at work. Because you invited her to come to Sunday school with you, I used people in the church to minister to her husband. Two years later, Cathy’s husband came to know Me.

· You may not remember but a while back I have placed on your heart to pay for a stranger’s groceries at a store. Jack is a single dad who was struggling to pay his bills. Because you obeyed, I was able to show Jack that I provide in unexpected ways.

· Oh, and how can I forget little Anna! You took her in your home and loved on her the same as you loved your other children. I used that time to let little Anna know that I have never left her nor forsaking her (Joshua 1:5). I was able to show her just how much I love her though your actions.

My child, keep up the good work and remember this. “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. .. I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” (Matt 25: 35 -36, 40)

I love you,

Your Heavenly Father


I serve such loving and compassionate God that I had no problem imaging receiving a letter such as the one written above from God the day I was cleaning the house. He loves each one of you with love that is beyond your understanding. Ephesians 3:18 says, “…may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” Our Heavenly Father has a very special plan for your life, did you know that? You don’t have to be a missionary or evangelist for God to use you. All you have to do is be available, when He calls.



To Be Continued….

No comments:

Post a Comment