Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home...



"You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book." ~ Psalm 56:8

My heart is broken and my dream is shattered. This week I found out that my long planned trip to Belarus to see my family may no happen any time soon. In a snap of the fingers and some fairytale dust my dream has been taken away from me. For over 10 years I have been waiting to run up and hug my daddy. For over 10 years I have wanted to let my grandmother in person know just how much I love her. Thankfully I have been blessed with several opportunities to see my mom.

In almost a month I will be able to spend 3 weeks with my mom, when she comes for a visit. And I can’t explain to you just how much my heart longs to see the rest of my family and friends. However this week I found out that I have a mountain (a very big mountain) of obstacles in front of me. In fact the mountain is so huge that I feel hopeless to ever be able to clime over it.

As I am trying to figure out how to cover up my puffy eyes that have seen more tears in the last 24 hours than in the past month, the thought of never seeing my family makes me sick to my stomach. I know that my God is bigger than any government official and I know that He holds the future. I may not understand why I am facing this giant, but one day I hope that my God will be glorified through this circumstance.

Facing this giant is tough and I want to ask you for your prayers. Would you be so kind and lift up this situation in prayer? I appreciate your prayers in advance and look forward to sharing with you on how God is going to move this mountain. Today I want to encourage you to call your family members, wherever they may be and let them know how much you love them. Your thoughtfulness to them would mean more than you will ever know.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Oxana! I'm so sorry, I know you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete