Friday, May 14, 2010

Juicy Strawberry



This week I harvested my very first strawberry!!! I don’t think any words can describe the joy that I have experienced. The strawberry was sweet and juicy and was 100 times better than grocery store bought strawberries. I may be bias in my opinion and that’s ok. There are at least a dozen more green strawberries in my hanging baskets that I hope will be ripe in a week or so.

My squash plants are growing rapidly. Every day I stop by the buckets to see how much the plants have grown since I’ve been at work. I notice that my plants grow much faster when it rains rather than when I water them with H2O from the sink.

And of course my tomato plants… they are growing fairly fast but the steam is still pretty weak. My loving husband decided to take my tomato plants outside because nets have been admiring the plants all week as well. When I looked through the window and all tomato plants looked pretty weak, so I had to bring them back to the house. I don’t think they are quite ready to be replanted. In fact, one plant had to be doctored. I took a straw and stuck it in the dirt right next to the plant that looked like it was going to die any second. I then took a string of dental floss and tied the base of the plant to the straw allowing the plant to have support. In about 30 minutes the plant was back to normal. I think it was just a high maintenance plant.

As my garden continues to grow I realize how impatient I am with the whole process. Instead of waiting for the proper time when the plants are ready to produce on their own, I desire for the plants to produce on my timing. In that the Lord has reminded me how impatient I am in my prayer life. When I submit my requests to God, I expect for Him to acknowledge them right away and answer them on in my time and according to my ways. Thankfully Isaiah 55:8 reminds us, “My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My way.”

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's amazing! Those look delishious already!

    Just croozen through your blog (:

    ReplyDelete