Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tightwad's Savings


I hit another makeup jackpot this week. During my shopping trip to CVS, I was able to buy inexpensive diapers, free lipstick and eye pencils. Although we do not have children yet, I did not want to miss out on buying cheap diapers that I can give for a baby shower. While walking towards the diaper isle, I notices lots of clearance stickers on makeup. I was thrilled to find Revlon makeup marked down 75% off, plus I had $2 dollars off coupon. All the makeup ended up being free after the discount and coupons! Free makeup is for my mom to take back to Belarus, when she will come to visit us in June (woot woot!!!)

I made another trip to CVS on Sunday to pick up free shampoo and a razor!

On Friday I made a quick stop by Wal-Mart to buy meat for BBQ (yummy). I have $5 left on a gift card, so I decided to utilize it at the store. While shopping, I grabbed several packets of different seasonings for taco soup and cucumber sandwiches. I also had to buy a spray bottle to fill up with the homemade bug spray to protect my strawberries from pests.

The highlight of the week came when I stopped by Staples. My friend shared with me that she found Marcal paper towels at Staples for less than $1 a roll. Since I had 10 coupons for $1 off, I only had to pay pennies (tax) for 10 rolls of paper towels.

Total spent: $25.47

Total saved: $124.47

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You managed to find some great deals this week!

    I really wish I had time to work the whole coupon thing. But most days I barely get the time to shower!

    ReplyDelete