Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Food Processor can be your best friend


I have a tiny little itsy bitsy food processor and one day I hope to upgrade it to a nice powerful I can do anything type of food processor. Perhaps I can put my wish on a Christmas list. I mainly use the food processor to shred the chicken for when I make the world’s greatest thin crust pizza. I have also tried to make peanut butter using one. But recently I came across an article that opened my eyes to a whole new world of using a food processor.

Food you can make in the food processor

- Bread Crumbs
- Peanut Butter
- Pasta dough (making homemade pasta is on my to do list. This gives me one more good reason to purchase a food processor)
- Sweet potato chips
- Cole slaw
- Grated cheese
- Baby food (well noted for the future, when one day we have a baby)

Food that you can not make in the food processor

- Mashed potatoes
- Meat loaf (I would have never thought of even attempting to make it in the food processor)
- Whipping cream
- Egg whites or meringue
- Soup
- Ground coffee
- Crushed ice

For what do you use your food process? What brand of food processor would you recommend?

2 comments:

  1. I use my food processor to make 'refried' beans. I season and cook 2 pounds of dried beans in my slow cooker and then whirl them in my food processor and freeze in meal sized portions. When I'm ready to serve them, I just put a little olive oil in the pan and 'fry' them until hot and the consistency that I want. SO much better than canned! I recommend KitchenAid. It's kind of funny - a couple of years ago my husband had foot surgery right before Christmas and wasn't able to get out to buy me a Christmas gift. I said that's okay, and went and got my KitchenAid food processor. It made me happy and continues to do so. He was happy that I got something I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I've used my Cuisinart food processor for everything on that list, including ALL that it said "not to":) I do smaller batches & pulse the meat, soup, etc. I've even made smoothies in it. One just needs to be careful with how full it is when making liquids that would normally go into a blener.
    I love to make liverwurst - pulsing cooked beef liver with spices I love - garlic, parsley & Italian seasonings - yum.

    Happy Autumn! GOD bless! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete