Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tightwad's Savings




This week I had fun grocery shopping in Spain. My co-worker and I decided to buy breakfast items instead of going out to eat breakfast every day. That way we would save money for our employer and save time for us.

I slowly browsed every grocery isle and picked out several items that I was familiar with and several items that I have never tried before. The prices were very reasonable and in some cases were cheaper than in the US. As far as I know Spain does not have coupons.


On Saturday we stopped by the farmer's market and I felt like a kid in a candy store. The place was huge!!! The variety of fish, meat and fruit was unreal. The best part is that everything was fresh and fruit was very cheap.

Total spent: around Euro 20 ($25.68)

2 comments:

  1. awesome! you're pretty brave to try shopping in a new place that quickly. great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Y'all are very thoughtful to be concerned about saving your employer some $$. I'm guessing your hotel room had a kitchenette?

    ReplyDelete