Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Organizing Jewelry


I have quite a few pieces of jewelry, but I seem to wear the same rings and earrings all the time. On a special occasion I will change the earrings and add a necklace, but those occasions are few and far in between. And when I do decided to wear a necklace, I would spend my precious time untangling jewelry. One day I had enough and I decided to get organized.

A while ago I acquired free plastic you can stick anywhere types of hooks, thank to coupons. I figured it was time to put them to use. I have glued the hooks on the wall in my closet and hung necklaces that took up too much space in jewelry box. The result is wonderful. I no longer have to spend my precious time untangling that one necklace that I want to wear.

If gluing hooks is not for you, I have another option. You can organize your jewelry by using bulletin board with tacks attached to it. You can then hang your precious trinkets tangle free on the bulletin board.

Do you have jewelry organizing tricks?

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I'm in the process of sanding and painting a wooden mug/cup stand for my jewelry. Perhaps I'll post a photo sometime. I like the hanging idea you have because it gets them out of the way.

    ReplyDelete