Friday, September 24, 2010

I want to get to know you


I feel so giddy when I check my blog and see that you have visited me. Seriously, I come home and tell my husband all about the blog world that “so and so from Canada said today this and so and so from South Carolina said that.” Never in a million years have I thought that I would meet you and start building a friendship through the world of blogging. So I want to take a moment and THANK YOU for taking your time to read my rambling and taking your time to leave a kind word through comments.

Since you take your precious time to stop by my blog, I thought that today would be a great day to get to know each other a little better. My plan is to share with you two things about me and in return I would love for you to share two things about yourself. PLEASE… I really do care about getting to know you!

The first thing you should know about me is that I am a huge Gamecocks fan, who loves the game of football. During my first college football game, I thought that people running on the field are silly. Seriously, who want to get squashed by 300 pound football player for the sake of holding a football…not me. After a few games, I started to learn slowly the rules, although I am still far away from being a pro. By junior year of college, I was in love with this sport and loved spending my Saturdays cheering for my team with the most wonderful friends in the world.

Today I rarely watch my Gamecocks play…well…because we do not have cable at home. But I faithfully read sports page of the local newspaper every Sunday after church. When I do have a chance to watch the game on TV, neither my husband nor my American family likes to be in the room with me. Wonder why?! Because I am very verbal and enjoy screaming, jumping and running next to the TV as the running back heads for the touch down. OK, enough about football.

Besides watching football, I love to draw. I find the movement of a pencil in my hand incredibly soothing and relaxing. During high school years, when I took art as elective, I fell in love with drawing hands. Why hands, you ask? Because you can express all sorts of emotions through different movement of a hand. Although, I rarely have time to indulge in hand drawing now days, I do cherish the freedom of expression through art.

Now that you have learned two facts about me, I would absolutely love to hear from you. Would you be so absolutely amazingly wonderfully great and leave a comment sharing a few facts about yourself?

4 comments:

  1. Well, Oxana, hockey season is upon us and here in Canada, that's just about the most important thing to many people. Wish I could say I sit with my husband and scream and cheer but I don't. I do love his excited little giggle when the Toronto Maple Leafs score, though. It's pretty cute.

    Okay, about me... I have a huge passion for marriages. I love women dearly and seek to help them on this exciting but difficult journey in any way I can. Being married for over 16 years, my husband and I have been through some rocky roads but God has miraculously held us together. I know that others can make it too.

    One more thing, I love finding items at thrift stores and sanding and painting them to create new, beautiful pieces for the home.

    Have a good day, Oxana!

    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well first of all, I've loved reading your blog and getting to know you. :)

    Some things about me....

    I met my husband at 13, we were best friends for 5 years, and we got married at 18. We are approaching our 5th anniversary!

    I have a heart for youth in this upcoming generation. I have a deep desire for them to experience the love and grace of their Savior and am really excited when I get to serve and minister to them.

    Have a wonderful Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed getting to know you here on your blog, Oxana!

    OK, two things about me:

    I am naturally a quiet, introverted person who prefers doing quiet activities like staying at home and reading.

    The other thing is that people can never guess that because I usually put on a bright, extroverted exterior and I talk and laugh a lot when I am out with people.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies! :)

    I look forward to getting to know you all better!

    ReplyDelete