Monday, September 6, 2010

Visiting Spain

I have been blessed with an opportunity to travel to Spain for 10 days on a business trip. Today I would like to share with you some of the pictures that I have taken thus far.


As soon as we (my co-worker and I) arrived to the hotel, I couldn’t wait to go check out a grocery store that was located within walking distance. I am happy to report that the prices are very reasonable and in some cases are much cheaper than in the US. Unfortunately I didn’t see any signs that gave explanation of coupon policy, thus I am guessing no coupons in Spain…but I also can’t speak or read Spanish…so maybe I missed the sign.

Next I couldn’t wait to try Spanish cuisine. We ate a lot of tapas. According to wikipedia, “tapas is the name of a wide variety of appetizers, or snacks, in Spanish cuisine. They may be cold (such as mixed olives and cheese) or warm (such as fried squid)”. I must say desserts are just so-so for the exception of homemade ice cream…I can so eat it every day.




Sight seeing was enjoyable. I noticed that almost every single building was covered with graffiti, which in Spain represents the creativity on an artist. My favorite part of sight seeing was visiting local farmer’s market. It was the biggest farmer’s market that I have ever seen. Each shop is filled with fresh produce, meat or fish. The prices for fruit were unbelievably cheap and you guessed it… I bought some yummy fresh fruit. I made a mistake of picking up a strange looking fruit to smell, only to be told later to be careful because it has thorns…well…it was too late… my fingers were full of them and needless to say I did not purchase the funky thorn filled fruit.









We also had an opportunity to stop by the beach and wet our feet in the
Mediterranean Sea.

The rest of the week will be spent at the trade show speaking to new and existing customers…woot…woot…

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting locale for your business trip! Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a neat opportunity. What type of business are you in? My husband and I just recently did a trade show (we have a business that helps contractors) and it is a lot of work! Standing and smiling for 8+ hrs is more exhausting than it looks. :)

    ReplyDelete