Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Where is my missing sock?


Our washing machine and a dryer are known for eating our socks and I am not kidding about it. There have been many times that I go to fold clothes and socks are missing…well…actually one stock is missing. I would then pair the lonely sock with another lonely sock creating a miss matched pair. Although my husband doesn’t seem to mind miss matched socks (as long as they are the same color), the MIA socks drive me crazy. Some days when I do laundry I just pile all socks together in a basket and wait for the day when I am so thrilled to match all hundred and one sock that I just can’t contain myself.

These “oh happy socks” days are few and far in between because I found an amazing method of keeping our socks from going missing on laundry days. I came across this trick some time ago and it has been working wonders. Ok…you are probably dying to know what it is…so here you go. Before I do laundry I clip a pair of matching socks with a safety pin and throw them in the washing machine. After the socks dry, in a matter of a few minutes I unpin them and fold together. Our socks our no longer MIA and I enjoy stress free “I don’t have to look for this sock ever again” laundry days!

Do you have time saving laundry tip?

3 comments:

  1. It is so funny that you should post this because I heard this a couple of years ago; every since thin I have always pinned my socks together and have yet to lose a sock or have mismatched socks ... it saves time doing laundry too! Now if only I could get my husband to buy in ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always roll the tops of the socks together because that's the part that's obviously not that dirty and they dry fairly well in the dryer like that. When I take them out of the dryer, I fold them long over each other and they dry quickly in the drawers if they are still a touch damp. Sometimes I find the pins leave little holes or runs, depending on the type of sock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate mismatched socks with a passion. I try to solve that problem by buying MANY pairs of the same exact sock when it comes times to get new ones. I might buy 20 pairs of the same black socks, which will last me a few years, but it greatly simplifies the after-laundry-matching.

    ReplyDelete