Thursday, September 30, 2010

Banana nut muffins

When Daniel’s parents came to visit us during the summer, Karen (Daniel’s mom) made wonderfully tasty banana nut muffins. Ok, she was actually going to make banana nut bread, but because I couldn’t find a bread pan for the life of me. It was probably because when my husband washed dishes he stuck the pan in one of the draws that had empty space. But at least he washed the dishes, right?

So this month I decided to make muffins using Karin’s recipe. The result? My picky husband liked it so much that I have made 3 batches of muffins in one week. I am muffined out! :)

I hope you will enjoy the recipe as much as we did.

2 bananas (very ripe/almost rotten for better flavor)
2 eggs
½ cup of oil (you can add apple sauce instead or do half and half)
1 tsp of vanilla

mix all the ingredients together

Add:

2 c of flour
1 c of sugar
pecans to taste
pinch or two of baking soda



Mix everything well and pour either in muffin tin or loaf pan

Bake at 375F for 45 minutes (you may want to start checking your muffins/bread after 35 minutes)

Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you readily admit that almost rotten bananas are good for this recipe. :) I always use up bananas this way, LOVE banana bread! Have you tried this recipe with any whole wheat flour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried this recipe with whole wheat flour, but the muffins didn't taste as good. So now when making this recipe, I just stick with white flour...organic if i have it. :)

    ReplyDelete