Saturday, September 18, 2010

Tightwad's Savings

Jet lag has not been my friend this week. I have been feeling so tired that I cared nothing about grocery shopping and coupons. On Sunday after church, I picked up a few items that I either wanted or we needed from Ingles.

I picked up fish, ready to eat cole slaw, BBQ sauce and deli meat just to name a few.



Since I haven’t cooked fish in ages, I thought it would be a great break from eating chicken and ground turkey. Tilapia is my favorite. Deli meat was for my hubby to sandwiches for lunches. And BBQ was for us to make pulled pork…yummy! Oh, yeah…forgot the cole slaw. I have been craving this side dish for a month now and still have not been able to make it. Do you have a good recipe?



CVS trip was nothing to brag about. I picked up two items that were free after ECB. I am planning to put corn candy in one of the shoe boxes that we are putting together.



Total spent: $29.19

Total saved: $14.23

2 comments:

  1. I'm the only one in my family who really loves the way I fix my cole slaw: bag cole slaw, mayonnaise, sweet relish, onion, and finely chopped broccoli. I think it is so tasty. It's another way to get my family to eat veggies without really noticing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the same thing at CVS this week! :) Except I bought the wrong body wash so I need to return it today and buy the right one. :-P

    ReplyDelete