Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tightwad's Savings








I had a pretty good grocery shopping week and I didn’t use any coupons. Mostly I concentrated on purchasing meat and fruit. Thankfully both were on sale! This week I shopped just at Ingles and bought chicken, corned beef brisket and ground chicken. I used chicken for pizza topping, cooked corned beef in crock pot and made taco meat out of ground chicken. YUM!


Eggs were on sale this week, so I stocked up. Daniel can eat his way through eggs in no time, so I bought 3 dozen eggs. My co-worker shared her garden crops with me and we enjoyed fresh okra. I also enjoyed buying 10 lbs of apples and used apples to make homemade apple sauce. Bananas were used for banana nut muffins and I froze a few to make peanut butter smoothies. Grapes were yummy too and the best part all fruit was on managers special for $1.49!

Total spent: $39.92

Total saved: $29.05

No comments:

Post a Comment