Monday, August 16, 2010

My soon to be french bread


I have been dying to make French bread from scratch ever since my mama and I returned from visiting my American family in Hilton Head, SC. Searching for the recipe was easy (I have checked out almost every single bread recipe book from the library), but searching for the right equipment was pretty tough. In a course of several weeks, I have stopped by numerous stores, and yes, including specialty kitchen stores looking for the French bread pan. The answer that I kept on hearing from sales associates was either “we do not carry this item” or “we are out of stock”. Grrrr.

Feeling disappointed I gave up my hopes of searching for a perfect French bread pan. I figured my husband can do the searching and give me the pan for Christmas. Ok, I know that I can make bread without the “special” pan, but I want the crust of my homemade bread to be crunchy, as if the bread was made at the French bakery. I can almost taste my soon to be made perfectly deliciously crusty made from scratch French bread. So you can imagine how thrilled I was when the door “opened” for me to try out CSN’s French bread pan. I must confess I was doing a little happy dance.

In a few weeks I will post a review about CSN’s French bread pan along with a recipe and tons of pictures. Stay tuned…

In a mean time I want to hear from you. Have you ever made French bread?

No comments:

Post a Comment