Friday, April 9, 2010

Where is that coupon?



Coupon organization is very important if you would like to be an efficient coupon shopper. When I first started couponing, I bought a small accordion style coupon file and stored my coupons in sections. Before too long I outgrew my coupon file and started to look for other methods of coupon organization. I came across a picture of a plastic show box that perfectly stored clipped coupons. My mission began of finding that perfect shoe box.



I especially like the price of the clear plastic box that sat on the shelf of a Dollar Store starring right at me. While looking through Daniel’s bookbag I found some note cards and all I needed to finish my project was envelopes. And the masterpiece began. I wrote down every category that I could think of to better organize my coupons and one by one stuck the card vertically in the envelop, who’s top flap has been cut.



I loved this method of coupon organization simply because it is easy, time saving and efficient for me. My clear shoe box worked for me faithfully for a whole year and I then had to replace it. I wanted something a little bit sturdier and found my new box at Big Lots for several dollars. I then remembered that during my college years I acquired a lot of envelopes from organization that I interned for and who was going to throw away unused envelopes, so I took them home in hopes of one day finding a use for them. I them decided to laminated my note cards to prevent them from bending and getting dirty. And this system now works b-e-a-utifully for me.

Do you have a favorite method of organizing your coupons? Pleas share with us in the comment section, we would love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment