Tuesday, April 6, 2010



$0.99 Strawberries Anyone?

I noticed in Aldi’s sales paper that their container of strawberries is $0.99 this week. I was so excited about it that on Wednesday after work I decided to make a quick trip to the store just to find out that all strawberries are gone. I was pretty sad, but figured I had a few more days left in a week to get my strawberries. I decided to stop by the store again on Friday, when I was out and about just to learn again that all strawberries are gone. At that point I was determined to get my $0.99 strawberries one way or another.

Strawberries were on my mind all week long and I just pictured making chocolate covered strawberries and then eating them. So I got up pretty early on Saturday with one mission in mind to not leave Aldi’s empty handed. The store was opening at 9:00 am and I got there a few minutes before the store was scheduled to open. I was shocked to see a small group of shoppers waiting on store doors to be opened. In fact I giggled when I saw a friend from church on the same mission. I felt much better to know that I am not the only desperate person in our area wanting to snatch $0.99 strawberries.


The moment the store doors opened, people crowed strawberry area. Within 5 minutes most strawberries were gone. I didn’t feel guilty buying 8 containers, because I was informed that they have several more pallets of strawberries in the back. As I was yawning at a checkout lane, I knew that mission was accomplished and I can finally go home and make my chocolate covered strawberries.

I am certain that Aldi’s will run this deal again. If you need cheap strawberries, make sure you arrive earlier to the store. According to the cashier their strawberries disappear by 10:30 am.

picture credit: homepages.wmich.edu/~a4jones2?D=A

picture credit:www.flickr.com/photos/depur_photography/422710575/

2 comments:

  1. You can take that ad into Wal-mart and get them to match the price! I've done it a couple times. They will match prices from other stores if you take in the ad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your tip! :)

    ReplyDelete