Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stockpiling



Have you ever opened up your kitchen cabinet just to find that you don’t have the item that your recipe calls for? You then have two choices; you can drive to the grocery store and buy the item at full price or find another recipe. Well, I found myself in that situation quite a few times. Driving to the nearest store was never an option, since it would take too much of my time, so I always had to think of something else to cook. Thankfully we no longer have this problem, because we practice stockpiling method.

For those of you who are not familiar with stockpiling, it is a process of buying items at a rock bottom prices. It is also buying enough items that are on sales to last you until the next sales cycle, which is usually 4-6 weeks. This is where the importance of buying multiple newspaper copies comes to play. During a good coupon week, I may purchase 3-4 newspapers. I also have a co-worker who graciously brings me her coupons. This means that when for example peanut butter goes on sale for $0.40I buy as many jars as I have coupons for. Since Daniel eats a lot of peanut butter, I don’t have to worry about going to the store and pay full price($3.50).

Buying cheap items, like peanut butter excites me. It allows my family to save gazillion of dollars. When Daniel or I want to have a breakfast bar, all we have to do is go to our pantry shelf and get us one. It is like shopping at your own home and at your own convenience. Having a stockpile also means that we can give. Seriously, there are so many people who are in need and having a fully stock pantry allows us to bless others. The Word of God says that it is much more a blessing to give than to receive (Acts 20:35).

As we count our blessings, I would like to encourage you to join us in stockpiling not only to provide for your family, but also to give bountifully to others. You don’t have to have lots of space to store items, I promise. Use your creativity and you will be surprised at how much extra space you have around your house.

Do you have a method for stockpiling? Please leave your comment in the comment section so others can learn as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment