Thursday, July 8, 2010

Taco Soup

My co-worker, who is a wonderful cook, always makes amazing meals for lunch. One day she brought taco soup for lunch and shared it with me. And it was absolutely amazing. After I found out how easy it was to make it, I was hooked.

Ingredients

2 lb of ground beef
1 med. onion
1 pk. taco seasoning
1 pk. ranch dressing mix (dry)
2 cans Hunts diced tomatoes
2 cans Rotel chilies and tomatoes (kind of spicy)
1 can Bush’s pinto beans
1 can Bush’s dark red kidney beans
1 can corn

I didn’t have onion or pinto beans on hand, so I skipped those ingredients the day I made pictures of the taco soup cooking process. My husband doesn’t really care for corn, so I omitted it also from the recipe.


This is how you cook this amazing soup.


Brown and then drain ground beef.


Add it to the crock pot. Next add all the remaining ingredients and mix it all up.


Of course if you add onion make sure to chop it up. Set to cook on low for about two hours and serve immediately.


I top my taco soup with corn chips and sour cream. My husband likes to use crumbled corn bread instead of chips. Either way, the soup is easy to make, filling and taste absolutely amazing. By the way, you can also freeze it in zipper bags for later enjoyment.

1 comment: