Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tightwad's Savings

I started my shopping this week with CVS. On Saturday I decided to pick up baby wipes and diapers. Because I had several coupons and a gift card for transferring prescription, I paid $0 out of pocket. As I was checking out I noticed that storage containers were 75%, so I decided to buy it and paid again with my gift card.


On Sunday I spoke about OCC and stopped at CVS to purchase free after ECB toothbrush. I don’t think I have ever been so frustrated with CVS before. Believe it or not but I stopped at 5 stores and non of them had the toothbrush that CVS ad advertised. Instead I bought a similar toothbrush (the same brand) that was discontinued and a clerk printed ECB anyways. I finally found a store that carried the toothbrush, but they were out of stock. So I asked for rain check and will purchases the toothbrush next week.

Since the closest Publix is almost 1 hour away, I was happy that I was passing the store on my way back home after the OCC event. I was particularly happy to purchase milk for $0.50!!! I also stocked up on farmers cheese. Because I had a coupon for waffle mix, I decided to pick up 2 boxes of it (they were B1G1).




I finished my shopping at Bi-Lo by picking up juice for my loving husband. Also Tilapia was on sale for $2.99 and steaks were on B1G1 (I had $1 off making steaks only $1).

Total spent: $32.29
Total saved: $110.29

3 comments: