Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lead Me to the Cross



On my way to work, I began to pray that God would give me some sort of sign that He is hearing my prayers and knows my broken heart. There are days that I just can’t figure out where He is going with His perfect will, because quite honestly most days it just doesn’t make much sense to me. He has the power to redeem my parents from the pits of hell and He has the power to break my dad’s drinking addiction, yet for many years now my prayers have been answered. I didn’t want to test God, but I just wanted to hear from Him.

The day at work went pretty uneventful until I was headed to class in the afternoon. It was pouring outside and I began to converse with God. “Why is it so easy for me to believe that you divided the sea, yet I am having a hard time believing that You will redeem my parents from the pits of hell?”, I proceed to question God. As our conversation went on, it started to rain harder outside. When I looked up to the sky, I saw God’s answer!!!


I saw a beautiful rainbow (see picture attached), that reminded me that God is faithful to His promises. Even though I still struggles with understanding God’s will, I sure feel comforted in knowing that God never waivers from His Word.

"Be still, and know that I am God." - Psalm 46:10

1 comment:

  1. this is beautiful... if we look around there are plenty of signs that God gives us to tell us that we are not alone. I'm with you praying for your parents and hubby. God is on control and He's never too late.

    Blessings,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete