Wednesday, April 21, 2010

REAL STORIES FROM REAL PEOPLE


by Colleen Littleton

My name is Colleen Littleton and I have a very hard working husband Adam. We are the typical American family with 2 children and a dog. We have a house and a truck and best of all a minivan. I love being a minivan mom. We feel that we are like most other people our age in that we live pretty much paycheck to paycheck doing the best we can. I would wait until we were almost out of toothpaste, deo., shampoo, conditioner, etc. and then travel to Walmart and pay full price to get what we had to have. I would always end up spending more than I wanted to and would leave the store thinking how frustrated I was. Well then I began taking a class at church about living frugal. I must admit the first class I was overwhelmed and thought to myself I am not going to do some of the ideas that were given. I am stubborn in many ways and am a creature of habit. It did not take long at all for me to see results of simple saving ideas. I looked at each purchase as a contest and I very much wanted to be a winner. I have gone from never shopping at drugstores because I thought they were too expensive to now looking forward to going in and seeing what I can get for free or almost free. I have cabinets full of toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, deo. etc and I look forward to never paying full price again for these items. I have to thank God for blessing us in this venture because he is the ultimate provider. I want you to know that with just a little effort you can stop paying full price and start enjoying saving lots of hard earned money. Don't wait, just do it! What do you have to lose? You are already paying full price.

Do you have a success story? We would love to hear it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment